Go Shop -» -»
Fog | Mist
Farø South Bridge
The Farø Bridges were opened by Queen Margrethe II on 4 June 1985. They were built because of the increasing congestion problems on the old Storstrøm Bridge from 1937.
The high (south) bridge crosses Storstrømmen between Falster and Farø. It is a cable-stayed bridge. The bridge is 1726 metres long, the longest span is 290 metres, and the maximum clearance to the sea is 26 metres strung up on 95.14 meters high suspension towers, which was finished in 1984. It was one of the first cable-stayed bridge in Scandinavia (the first was the Strömsund Bridge). The two towers supporting the span are of 'diamond' shape construction, rising from a single point to either side of the roadway, then combining to one point above the centre of the bridge. There is only one row of suspension cables, along the centre of the roadway.
The low (north) bridge crosses Kalvø Strøm between Farø and Zealand. It is a beam bridge. The bridge is 1596 metres long, the longest span is 40 metres, and the maximum clearance to the sea is 20 metres.
© 2018 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (53.7 MB uncompressed) - 3751x5001 pixels (12.5x16.6 in / 31.8x42.3 cm at 300 ppi)