Go Shop -» -»
The first written form of the name of Crumbenowe is included in a document of Austrian and Styrian Duke Otakar from 1253. At that time, Krumlov was the seat of Vítek of Krumlov who belonged to the powerful noble family of Witigonen. The expression "Český" has been used in connection with Krumlov since the middle of the 15th century.
Crowned by a spectacular castle, and centred on an elegant old town square, Český Krumlov is a pocket-sized Prague. Renaissance and baroque buildings enclose the meandering arc of the Vltava river, housing riverside cafés and bars. Following architectural neglect during the communist era, the undeniable fairy-tale beauty of Český Krumlov is radiant again, with thoughtful restoration transforming the heritage.
© 2019 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (51.3 MB uncompressed) - 5184x3456 pixels (17.2x11.5 in / 43.9x29.3 cm at 300 ppi)
neo gothic architecture
Roman Catholic church
st vitus church
unesco world heritage site