Go Shop -» -»
LinzLinien no. 064
One of the 29 Second generation Cityrunner delivered by Bombardier between 2011-2012.
The first trams operated in the city of Linz in 1880, when a 2.6 kilometres (1.6 mi) long horse-drawn tramway was opened from the main station, then known as the Westbahnhof, through the city centre and across the Danube to a terminus at the present Hinsenkampplatz. The line was built to the unusual tramway gauge of 900 mm, which, outside the Linz area, is only used by the trams in Lisbon. In 1895, the line was extended by 300 metres (980 ft) at its northern end to the Linz Urfahr railway station, popularly known as the Mühlkreisbahnhof. In 1897, the tramway was electrified.
In 1898, the then-independent Pöstlingbergbahn opened from Linz Urfahr railway station to the summit of the Pöstlingberg. This line was built to 1,000 mm metre gauge and there was therefore no possibility of trams running through from Linz city centre to the Pöstlingberg. Instead passengers changed trams at Linz Urfahr.
© 2017 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (22.9 MB uncompressed) - 2448x3264 pixels (8.1x10.8 in / 20.7x27.6 cm at 300 ppi)