Go Shop -» -»
St. Albans Kirken
St. Alban's Church is an Anglican church in Copenhagen designed by Arthur Blomfield as a traditional English parish church in the Gothic Revival style, it is in a peaceful park setting at the end of Amaliegade in the northern part of the city centre, next to the citadel Kastellet and the Gefion Fountain and Langelinie.
The church is part of Church of England's Diocese in Europe. It is dedicated to Saint Alban, the first martyr of Great Britain..
On 19 September 1885 Princess Alexandra laid down the foundation stone in the presence of the Prince of Wales, King Christian the Ninth and Queen Louise, The Czar and Czarina of Russia, the Danish Crownprince (later Frederik the Eight), Prince and Princess Valdemar, the Princes Christian and Carl of Denmark (later, respectively, King Christian the Tenth of Denmark and King Haakon of Norway), as well as representatives of other European Royal Houses.
Less than two years later, on 21 May 1887, the top stone of the spire, which is of granite, some 150 feet above the ground, was raised and the event celebrated. The church was consecrated on 17 September 1887.
© 2019 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (48.1 MB uncompressed) - 5023x3348 pixels (16.7x11.1 in / 42.5x28.3 cm at 300 ppi)
den engelske kirke
the english church