Go Shop -» -»
The Russian Embassy
The Russian Embassy in Denmark.
Completed in 1899, the building of the mansion cost half a million krone.
During the occupation of Denmark by Nazi Germany, the mansion was the headquarters of the Northern Society which promoted cultural co-operation between Nazi Germany and the Nordic countries.
In 1950, the Soviet Union signed a contract leasing the mansion for 20,000 kroner per year. In 1982, the mansion, as well as Kristianiagade 3 (consulate) and Bergensgade 11 (embassy school), were granted to the Soviets, on the basis of reciprocity, free of charge for the purpose of embassy requirements for a period of 70 years, until 31 December 2051.
The building and garage are heritage listed buildings, having entered the register of the Danish Heritage Agency on 3 December 1991.
© 2017 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (45.7 MB uncompressed) - 5035x3171 pixels (16.7x10.5 in / 42.6x26.8 cm at 300 ppi)
den russiske ambassade