Go Shop -» -»
The terraced gardens of Ledreborg Palace
The 18th century Ledreborg Palace, known as the most romantic privately owned palace in Denmark.
Ledreborg is a palatial mansion near Lejre. Today's Baroque building was completed in 1746 by Minister of State Johan Ludvig Holstein (1694–1763) who commissioned J.C. Krieger to carry out the work
Also designed by Krieger from 1742 until the mid-1750s, the terraced Baroque park extends from the mansion down the steep slopes of the Kornerup Valley. In the wooded area to the east, the Dyrehaven was laid out in 1757–1762 with paths leading past sculptures and obelisks in line with the trends of the time. The terraced garden was completely renovated in 2004–2006 with a waterfall and fountain designed by Erik Heide who also included sculptures of Adam and Eve.
© 2018 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (52.8 MB uncompressed) - 3598x5125 pixels (11.9x17.0 in / 30.5x43.4 cm at 300 ppi)