Go Shop -» -»
Charlottenlund Palace is a former royal summer residence in Charlottenlund. The palace was named after Charlotte Amalie, who was responsible for the construction of the original palace. It was later extended and adapted for Crown Prince Frederick VIII to a design by Ferdinand Meldahl in the early 1880s.
Meldahl's extension of the palace in the 1880s adapted the original Baroque palace to reflect the French Renaissance style that characterizes its architecture today. Meldahl extended the building with two bays and the two corner risalits on the front side. The central hall with dome and lantern were also added. On the garden side there is a three bay central projection. The building was listed in 1918.
© 2017 - Nöstler Photo
Mpixels (39.3 MB uncompressed) - 4692x2925 pixels (15.6x9.7 in / 39.7x24.8 cm at 300 ppi)